Monday, September 24, 2012

Lego Lighthouse

It was fun building this lighthouse.  I started from the directions from a kit.  Then I designed it my own way.  I put the birds in different spots. This kit was $50-60 and it was worth it! It measures at a foot tall. It was the best set I ever built.


This pictures shows a handle that will open on the house part of the lighthouse. The door opens and you can play and create inside.  Inside I have a table, a person (not a real person), and a ladder that goes up to the next floor but your Lego person can't get up there.


This is the top of the lighthouse and I placed a bird on the tippy top. Notice that the light is not on.  This kit came with a light that actually lights up.


Here the light is now one.  See how bright it is. The handle on the left side turns with your hand and will turn the light around inside the lighthouse like a real one does.  Now this is where I really changed the design.  The black circle thing on top, I stuck an extra piece so I don't have to hold the light one when I turn it.  I also hooked up a K'Nex motor to it and took the handle off and used the motor to turn the light around the lighthouse.

This lighthouse will go in my Lego city I am building.

7 comments:

  1. That is an awesome lighthouse! I love building too. I look forward to seeing your next creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really neat Light House. I was wondering if you could tell me how long it took you to build it?
    Good JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I was also wondering how long it took to build. Brady is just starting to get into Legos. Maybe you can help him do a kit one day.

    -Aunt Julie

    ReplyDelete